All lessons for students are cancelled on Monday, March 16th.
New timetable goes into effect on Tuesday, March 17th, 2020. Please check Magister.
At RISS, we are proud to continue to deliver our quality teaching and learning even when our campuses are closed due to an emergency, in this case the COVID-19 situation. We are committed to provide alternative means of education in the form of digital teaching and learning. While digital learning does not replicate onsite learning, our teachers are equipped to deliver quality lessons and instruction through online resources.
The following platforms support us in our digital teaching and learning provision as well as collaboration between staff, students and families to ensure a quality student learning experience when planning and delivering remotely:
- Magister: the emergency timetable for students will be updated on Magister. This allows for students, parents/guardians and staff to use Magister in the same way as they are used to. Homework will be posted here as well.
- G Suite for Education: student Google accounts, including all Google for Education tools (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Google Classroom is the platform all teachers use with their classes to share instructional videos, assignments, homework and communication.
- Google Hangouts is a live video conferencing tool all staff and students have access to through their Google accounts. This may be used for live video calls with a student or students.
- Teachers may use additional online resources for their lessons. This will be clearly communicated by the teacher via email or Google Classroom.
In addition to the above resources, we encourage students and parents/guardians to contact email@example.com for any tech related questions and to expect a response within 24 hours. This email address is managed by our Tech Support Team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Emergency timetable starts on Tuesday, the 17th of March 2020. Please check Magister for when your classes will take place
- Dedicate appropriate time to learning according to the emergency timetable available on Magister and attend digital classes
- Check online platforms for information on classes, assignments and resources daily
- Identify a comfortable and quiet space to study and learn
- Engage in all learning with academic honesty
- Submit all assignments in accordance with provided timeline and/or due dates
- Communicate directly with the teacher when you have questions regarding a class, an assignment or a resource
Support their child(ren) in their learning by:
- Providing an environment conducive to learning (access to technology, safe and quiet space during daytime)
- Encouraging students to attend their digital lessons as scheduled on Magister
- Engaging in conversation on posted materials and assignments
- Monitoring time spent engaging in online and offline learning
- Support emotional balance by providing space and time for reflection, physical activity, conversation and play
For any questions to RISS administration or any COVID-19 inquiries, please contact us via the following email address: